Thursday, September 2, 2010

Technology!

I had a nice new blog entry composed Monday morning, but apparently I didn't have it saved and it didn't get published on this page. Basically I celebrated the installation of our new bathtub. More accurately, I celebrated the joys of taking a genuine hot bath after spending nearly a month sponge bathing from the kitchen sink.
I also gave my respect to my brother-in-law who has built an entire house by himself over a period of a few years; and to my father-in-law who has been completely remodeling the first floor of his house from the foundation up, all by himself. I only had to redo fifty square feet! And, I had my dad do the plumbing, my first cousin do the electric, and my father-in-law install the window!
So, I think I'm a little more than halfway through. I'll work on it Monday, Labor day. We'll go camping for a night, Saturday night. I plan to ride my bicycle to the campground on Saturday morning, about 30 or so miles, then back home again Sunday. Marian and I will get our camp gear loaded and ready on Friday night so she can load the boys up and bring them out in the car on their own.
Lastly, I wanted to pay respects to a friend of our family who died in a motorcycle accident over the weekend. I got to know this man when he was a teenager. I was three years younger and thought he was pretty cool. I met him through the First Baptist Church youth group. He was a bit of a cowboy and helped out my grandpa with chores and cattle work on occasion. I'd ride around with him in a couple of different old trucks he drove, and we'd listen to country music on the a.m. dial. For the rest of my life when I hear Vern Gosdin sing "Set 'em up Joe", I'll think of Carl. This one's for you, I'll miss you. Set 'em up Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment