Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A good weekend

Our family had a nice weekend. Saturday I cleaned up some of my bathroom remodel mess and helped out entertaining the boys and with breakfast and lunch. We left in the afternoon to attend an ice cream social in Baldwin City for the Baldwin City Children's Choir which Jack auditioned for and of which he will become a part.
From there we drove to Humboldt to stay the night at my grandma Irene's house. She's been offering for a long time, and we finally decided to just do it. The boys had an absolute blast. They each got to sleep in a genuine twin bed of their own for the first time and they did just fine. The next morning they played outside on grandma's patio. We really enjoyed staying there.
Mom and dad got back from their mc trip to Alabama and Dixieland safely.
Sunday, grandma and our family met Clarie and her family in Chanute for lunch. We had a good lunch and talked. Then we all had to break and drive to Iola for my other grandma's 8oth birthday party in the city building at the fair grounds. It was a good party and lots and lots of people attended. Grandma Bonnie looked really good for her party. I got to see a few relatives I don't see very often and give them a hard time. My mom and aunts put it on and they did great with the cake and punch and decorations.
We stayed there til almost five then drove back to Ottawa. It was a good, fulfilling weekend. Sorry I can't go into more detail (or should I say you're welcome!) but I've run out of time for now.
Love you all
cb

No comments:

Post a Comment