Thursday, August 26, 2010

Choir Tryouts

Yesterday after I arrived home from school, the four of us quickly ate hot dogs Mare had prepared outside on the gas grill, then loaded up into the car. The boys ate theirs without wearing any shirts, and their hair was combed perfectly. They didn't wear shirts during supper because Mare wanted them to stay neat and clean, and as you might know from experience it's difficult to keep food off a young boys shirt. Plus, taking a shirt on and off can mess up perfectly combed hair. We drove North to Baldwin City, the home of Baker University, the college from which I received my masters degree. But, we didn't go to Baker, but instead we went to a former lumberyard there converted into an arts center on the same block as the university, but just to the south. There, Jack sang our National Anthem, The Star Spangled Banner, for his audition for a children's choir which meets there. Mare went with Jack while Leo and I explored outside. He sang for the director and she said he did very well. So, it looks as though Jack will be joining a children's choir this fall.
Tonight I'll be at the high school from 6:30-8:30 for an open house. I'll be meeting parents and showing off the great job Mare did decorating my classroom.
It looks like I've ran out of time to write. See you later.

I

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Jack! I'm sure it will be a fun, memorable experience and great way to meet other kiddos!

    n

    ReplyDelete