Monday, February 24, 2014

You wanted the pix, you got the pix!

Look how clean the walls are behind him! Early days in the house!
Hey everyone!
Welcome to Monday. It was a short weekend. At least, it seemed short. There's never enough time for family. Unless you are other people. Other people, I've come to realize, don't value their time with family. Other people actually can't wait to get their parental obligations out of the way so they can have their own life back.
For now, at least, I enjoy my family more than any other people in the world. That is, I prefer their company to any other peoples' company in the world. For now at least. Maybe there will come a day when my kids so disappoint me, that I'll be thankful they are no longer living with me. I hope that never happens. I know there will likely come a day when I am not the person with which my sons choose to spend their time. I will be sad on that day, and maybe happy as well. I hope and pray that I raise capable men who are ready to leave the nest and make their own way in the world. I hope they are better at it than I am. I am living proof of that old adage which indicates that a horse can be brought to water, but can't be made to drink. I was taught the right way, but I didn't learn. That's on me and no one else. I own that. Owning it doesn't make it any easier, though.
When was the last time you were this happy?
Brotherly love.
In friend's tree stand.
Also in a tree stand, just lower.
Working hard having fun.
Here are some pictures of my boys.
That's my "Tom Joad" character from The Grapes of Wrath along with an outlaw cowboy and a pumpkin for Halloween a few years ago.




Another Halloween critter.

No comments:

Post a Comment