Friday, February 21, 2014

Things is good.

Things are grand around the homestead. Other than the fact that there will be little to no grass growing in our backyard this spring and summer due to the kids just plain wearing it down to the dirt, things are going fine. I'm serious, our yard does not look like it will recover very well. I guess I need to do some patching with the grass seed. I guess I am mistaken when I think grass will spread and grow, like weeds do. I guess I'll need to plant the seed and cover it with some straw.

I attended the Flint Hill Nature Trail Design Workshop last night at Ottawa City Hall. It was somewhat informative. I realize and anticipate that it won't be finished for 10-15 years. I guess I should be happy about that. I'm happy it will be finished, but the 15 years is so long to wait! I've seen the rails to trails plan for the state of Kansas: an entire network connecting K.C. to Wichita and Topeka and some other corridors. It's exciting for me to think of all the potential for traveling around Kansas with traffic problems nearly eliminated for a cyclist or hiker and in some cases an equestrian.

Thing #1 attends Scouts. Perhaps I'll write more on that another day.

Thing #2 and 3 are fine as frog hairs and full of beans. That means they're good. I'll now try to upload some pix for practice! Love to all of you and blessings.

P.S. Please let me know if I should use all of our names and real names of places or if I'm supposed to be safe and not... Sometimes I think it's kind of silly to use other names besides our real names and locations, and I know I've been inconsistent, too. Let me know what you think, please.
I think this is thing #2?
Thing #1 with his old favorite hat.
Thing #2 in his bunk bed pre-hair cut.
Here's how the trusty steed looks reflecting lights!
Thing #3 out for a brisk ride with Swamp Thing.
All three tearing it up!
Hottie!

No comments:

Post a Comment