Friday, September 6, 2013

I've successfully made it through the third week of school. Notice I didn't mention "full" week of school. That's because this was a four day school week due to the Labor Day Holiday on Monday. Somehow, and this will anger and frustrate those of you who are obligated to work on Labor Day or feel that perhaps teachers "don't really work"; somehow, a four day school week often feels more taxing than a five day school week. I don't know; it's probably just me. At any rate I survived another week.

Tonight is the first home football game for the Cyclones, at which I'll be working on the chain crew.Yesterday evening was the first volleyball games I had to score. I was placed in the old gym for the freshmen games.

Jack has been enjoying the 1st grade. He attended his first soccer practice Wednesday evening. He did not attend the first practice last week due to illness. It was a 24 hour bug, I guess, which caused stomach pains and vomiting. It came and went and he only missed one day of school.

Leo and Henry are both good boys, of course. Henry is trying so hard to talk. He talks a lot, actually. So, I should say he is trying so hard to be understood. We still haven't cut his hair. He's highly mobile and a cheerful boy. Leo is also pleasant and is looking forward to preschool. He knows how to have fun and likes to be helpful around the house to Mare and me.

Tomorrow is the citywide garage sale, and Mare is looking forward to hitting up some of them on her own in the morning. She seems to think me and three boys will slow her down, or something.

The dog I used to have, Shelby Melinda (her "family" name, as opposed to her given name by the humane society: Sugar) had to be put down. I had her from 1998 until 2011, I think. I gave her to my grandmother for our convenience and because she enjoyed keeping Shelby when our family was out of town. She was a good dog. I understand she was buried beside Suzy Wong, my grandmother and grandfather's dog, in grandma's garden. I think that's a good place for her to rest. As grandma and I agreed upon, she is most likely eating a heap of sausage, bacon and waffles with my grandpa.

That's all for this week. Please, leave a comment for me below. I'm thinking about all of you and wishing you well, and a pleasant weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment