Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday, Aug. 7, 2009: Back from the great outdoors

The family took a camping trip to Woodridge campground this week. We left on Tuesday late afternoon, drove 30 or so miles to Clinton Lake on the West side of Lawrence. We took so much we had to take two vehicles! We only planned on staying two nights, but we had enough ice and food leftover, and no plans for Friday, so we decided to stay Thursday night as well. It was on the border of being just too dang hot. We staved off the heat by cleaning up with soap and a washrap pretty frequently. The weather was actually pretty mild. Jack absolutely loved it and played as hard as he could until dark then would crash in the tent until morning. Leo is a camper too, and didn't fuss too much until Thursday night when he couldn't quite get comfortable. We took a bunch of pictures, so you should expect to see some of them posted before too long.

Well, I'm going back to school next week. It will be nice to be back on a schedule. I've learned we now must report to the school by 7:15 a.m. each school day. It's only fifteen minutes more, but it seems like it will make a difference to my schedule on how I get around. I already rode my bike to school in the dark most of the school year, this will make it even more likely to be dark when I ride.

I read with interest an informational flyer sent by our district's senator how we the Kansas voters will vote to decide to reword the right to bear arms wording in the Kansas Constitution. I'm unsure if it strengthens or weakens it. It is much more specific in nature.

This weekend I hope to finally put the very last finishing touches of painting on what I've left to go on the house. I might go up and visit my school room tomorrow, Saturday to put some things in order.

It's been a great summer and for all practical purposes has drawn to a close. We have one more big weekend in Labor day coming up. We traditionally do another big campout at Woodridge with Marian's parents to celebrate her birthday, but she said today if it's above 85 degrees, we might break tradition.

That's the Broyles' family news: nothing exciting, just the everyday life that will make for great memories for us, and hopefully a great upbrining for Jack and Leo.

More to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment