Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Catching up on all the biz-ness

Well here it is Tuesday the fourth of August already. I'll try to recap what we've all been up to, though really I can only speak for myself. I've been putting the finishing touches on the south side of the house with paint, mowed once (exciting stuff isn't it?). Jack and I camped over at Pomona Lake at the Adams Grove campground last Wednesday night. We had the entire campground to ourselves as noone else was out there. Jack had a blast letting his "pushcart" roll down the boat ramp into the water where it would start to float and he'd wade in to fetch it. He also likes watching the boats unload and load onto and off of their trailers.

We also went to Lawrence to Sunflower Outdoor and Bike shop to get mom a present. It was rainy and we'd brought along Jack's porta-potty because he was only wearing his underwear. He went potty in the back of the car on it in the rain.

Friday, we drove down to grandma Bonnie's house for polish sausages and the usual fare for supper. Becky and Randy came and mom and dad of course. We had cake and home made ice cream for mom's 61st birthday. She doesn't look a day past 29! We all had a nice visit there.

Saturday we'd planned all week to have dad come up to Ottawa to help install guttering on my house, but he had some sub-standard work performed by an employee he needed to correct and asked if I'd help him on Saturday instead. So, I went to Colony, Kansas and helped turn some wrenches with him and another fellow. We all ate at the A&W in Iola.

Sunday, all of us drove to Lawrence again for Marian to meet a lady at a park to purchase a twin size bedspread she'd found on Craigslist. Sunday night, Jack and I went to Garnett, Kansas and camped with a fellow I teach English with, and his two kids. I took the canoe, but Jack didn't like it, so one of the other guy's kids was the lone passenger. Oh, well. He'll come to like it in time. Yesterday, Monday, after we arrived home, we basically all needed rest, so rest we did.

All of us are to go to Lawrence tonight to Clinton Lake, at Woodridge Campground and camp with Marian's mom and dad. Oh, I hope it's hot and sticky. NOT!

Good news, everybody. Marian and I are finally going to see a dentist after 10 years or more for each of us. Our teeth are not falling out of our heads or anything, but they're overdue for some loving. We'll go today before we head out to the campground.

I've got about a week before school begins again. After this campout, I'll focus in on that.

Leo is rolling over and is just as cute as he can be. He slobbers alot. Probably because he's teething. He smiles alot at us and is a pretty happy baby. He's the calm one of the two.

That's all for now, I'll update when I can and will be a little more regular with it once school starts.

1 comment:

  1. That's impressive brother! I hope you enjoy your last hooray before school starts. You are a good daddy! and you have a sweet family and a WONDERFUL wife! love ya

    ReplyDelete