Friday, January 7, 2011

Thanks mom and dad

Wednesday was my birthday. I turned 36. So, thanks mom and dad for finding each other through destiny and, I guess, creating the right mood for love way back in approximately middle to late March of 1974. I couldn't be here without you!

For my birthday, when I arrived home for work, Jack and Leo met me at the door and sang me Happy Birthday and played along with their singing on their new home made musical instruments Mare had helped them make: a pair of sanding blocks for Jack, a rain stick like a maraca for Leo.Jack had colored a birthday card for me and had dictated a couple of stories for Mare while she typed them. Mare made me a nice enchilada dinner and a German chocolate cake. She had the house all cleaned up and smelling nice and she gave me a brand new pillow for my birthday. Mom and dad called to sing happy birthday, too. Grandma Irene gave me a call, too. What a great day!

Now, I'd like to share Jack's stories he made up for Marian to record.

Two Wolf Stories
by
Jack N. Broyles
1/5/2011

Once upon a time there was a wolf, and a wolf, and a wolf ate a wolf, and a wolf ate a wolf, then they were full.
The End.

Once upon a time there was a wolf, and a kid, and a baby, and a mommy, and a dad, and a brother, and a sister, and the wolf ate a dirty sandwich.
The End.

Much love to all of you for making my birthday a special day.You are all the special ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment