Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Round it up to a decade

Today marks the ninth year of marriage for Marian and I. That's the longest I've stuck to doing anything in my life. Weather on October 13 this year easily reminded me of why we chose this month for our wedding and future anniversaries: it's gorgeous! The sun beamed and a breeze swirled. Leaves changed color and fell from their branches, then curled on still lush green grass. It's a great month in which to get married.

Marriage has been easy for us. We're best friends and decided beforehand divorce would never be an option. That's not to say we don't have our moments. Sorry to burst your bubble for all of you out there I know were under the impression Marian and I could do no wrong- make that all of you under the impression Marian could do no wrong- actually she can do no wrong, but I certainly make up for the both of us. Living with me and being married to me must be such a joy (insert sarcastic cough here).

Without titillating you with all the details of the hardships which go along with being contractually bound to me, I'll just say I don't make it easy. I try to make it easy. Sometimes I don't make it easy for her, though. She's the best wife in the world. She must be the best wife in the world to stay married to me. I couldn't live without her. I know that's hyperbole, but I feel as if I couldn't live without her I love her so much. I'm certain I don't show it in enough ways and am usually caught up in my own selfish desires and aims. She deserves to be placed on a pedestal. It is one of my goals to make her feel placed on a pedestal.

I love you Marian. I'm looking forward to our best years yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment