Thursday, September 24, 2009

For your enjoyment: my interesting family

Greetings! I don't have much to report. Last weekend was the big car show in Ottawa. Saturday night we walked downtown to watch the vintage cars and customs cruise up and down main street. There were an estimated 1200 cars entered in the show. Downtown Ottawa was packed! I was genuinely surprised. It's an annual event, but we'd never attended. We took the boys in the double stroller, the side by side one. That was a mistake. It made it very difficult to maneuver through the throngs of people crowding the sidewalks. Food vendors set up booths on the courthouse lawn,with all the usual fare. That's what we had for supper. Seeing all those old vehicles made me want to have an antique truck to putter around on and in. No more than I drive and need a truck, I figure I might as well have one with some character.

School is going along. The play is going along. It's a little cold on my bike ride to school these days in the morning. We're already only a few weeks away from completing our first quarter.

I've began a graduate class on multicultural literature. I'm reading some interesting books with that label in common. One is a graphic novel, a book length comic, which is an autobiography of a
girl growing up in revolutionary Tehran, Iran. It's informative and helps simplify the conflicts taking place over there.

I have some pictures that are really quite random, and that I am not responsible for taking. They show my family members (mom, dad, and sister) doing some different things. Enjoy!

This Clarie competing in a "mini-triathlon". Yes, that's right, a triathlon! My dad David took this picture. I was not present. Clarie's hard core!


Below is a picture of my dad David standing in front of a "longboard" in Hawaii. Mom and dad visited Hawaii last year (the bums!) and dad tried his hand, er . . . feet, at surfing. He's standing next to his surfing coach, Russel Risch. He married Chika Hiwatashi. She was a Japanese student who stayed at our house for a period when I was in elementary school. Hang ten dad!




















On the right is my mom Terry and her sister, my aunt Debbie, tap dancing in a show. They've got the step-ball-change down. The bling! Look at that bling! Hot feet, hot feet!





Above is mom and Debbie again, and I think that's the third sister, my aunt Becky. The Trifecta! You can't defeat them, you can only hope to contain them.

1 comment: