Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Surviving

Here it is February is almost over. We're looking at spring break in a few weeks. It surely doesn't look like it's going to be optimal weather, but then again alot can happen in a few weeks. The sun is out today, but it's still bitter cold. I forgot to check the bank sign on the way by this morning, but it sure felt as cold as it's been this winter. My ears were cold and began to throb once I entered school in the climate controlled environment. My bike is dirty from all the wetness on the roads and the grime and grit that goes with it. It needs a good bath and scrubbing, as well as lube.
This upcoming Saturday night is the Ottawa's got Talent show. It's a fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity. I'll be singing and playing my guitar and harmonica along with another fella I know through school. We're just doing one song and will be on stage for about two and a half minutes. But, it's going to be fun and be a good experience.
I've also auditioned and won a role in a short film being made here in Ottawa. A young couple has written a screen play and will be directing the cinematography. I think that will be another good opportunity to try something new. Who know where it will lead.
Every one in the house has been fighting off some congestion and sore throats, coughing, that kind of thing. Jack seems to have it the worst. Marian has it too. I directed her to take them all to the doctor to see what could be done. Jack's been hacking for a couple weeks now.
I don't have my college class tonight, which I'm relieved about, but I will probably spend that time working on finishing my project for the class. I have some more writing to do. I'll be glad when this class is over!
I'm looking forward to seeing mom and dad this weekend. They plan to attend the show on sat. night. We'll likely go out to eat first.
I don't know much of anything else to write about. I know I need to make this less of a journal entry and put a little more effort into the writing. Especially if I'm to maintain the comparison made between my writing and Garrison Keillor's writing. Very flattering, yes, but I'll need to step up my game to make my writing like Garrison's.
That's all for today. Sorry to disappoint you.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could of seen you play! Mom and dad said you did great and it was very enjoyable. Grandma Irene loved going out for the evening and seeing you play too. We can't wait for Marian and the boys to come see us! We are so excited! Wish you could come too! But NO BOYS ALLOWED over the age of 4 that is. haha Hope you have a great day and I hope it warms up here soon so we all can get to riding our bikes! Love ya bro!

    ReplyDelete