Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I visited the zoo...and they let me leave!

It was in the cards; the Broyles family was destined to visit a zoo on Monday. That's just what happened. The whole family got to visit a zoo. Thing 1 and his 1st grade class visited the Kansas City Zoo and that's where Sweet Thing went. He rode on the bus with the other students and she rode along with another mother, who is a teacher at his school. Thing 2 and his preschool class paid a visit to the Topeka Zoo, so Thing 3 and I drove over there as well. It was cold (relatively speaking) and windy, but we saw some cool animals and the boys enjoyed playing at nearby Gage Park.

Friday night we stayed home and had a campfire in our backyard. I played a little guitar (the amount of playing was small) and we busted out the little guitar (an actual small guitar) we'd been saving for just the right time for the boys to learn. It was fun and I enjoyed hearing the boys make up songs of their own and just sing out of pure happiness. I've also learned to loosen up a bit enough to just make up some kind of chorus to sing along of my own. There's few better feelings than the pure joy of singing. I love it.

Saturday we went to a small little family get together on Sweet Thing's side of the family. Several kids attended, which I like to see, and it was a nice day for grilling hamburgers. We got home late and bathed the boys and put them to bed.

Sunday, we cleaned house and caught up on laundry and I worked on reorganizing the garage and workshop, which had slowly accumulated a bunch of junk.

Monday, zoo. Then, I operated concession stand number six out of seven for the freshman class. I left there and headed immediately to play rehearsal. I've almost got all my lines memorized and the dance we have to do is coming along nicely.

Today, it's cold and rainy. It looks like I'll be riding my bicycle home in the cold rain. Bummer.

As usual, I pray overflowing, huge portions of blessings upon all my friends and family and their friends and family as well as my enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment