Friday, February 3, 2012

Really?

No comments? Really!?

I spend literally minutes of my time on a sporadic and unreliable schedule approximately once a month to write valuable content for my loyal readers, all eleven of them. I turn on my computer (that is, I switch on the power to the computer, I don't speak softly to it and turn down the lights and play saxophone music on the stereo) and access the internet thingy expecting to see some kind of reaction from you people and all I can read is the drivel I've written, which I already know and the "0 comments" statistic insulting me like an empty answering machine disappoints an expectant lover!

That last entry that served a lot like my obituary and what I hope to be known for when I die didn't elicit a single comment neither in support nor disdain?!

Not one single person commented, "Grow up Clayton! You live in Kansas, not Los Angeles or New York!" or, you shouldn't quit your day job, Clayton, because if you were going to be some kind of famous writer or actor it would have happened by now!"

No! Not one single supportive person wrote that they'd like to see my name on the cover of a book in every school across America, or on an Oscar winning movie now available on Netflix or three nights of the week on TBS!

What do I have to do to get some comments?!

Here's my plan. I'm going to run naked through the Sonic drive-thru yelling "Free the chili-cheese coney dogs!"

Now, would anyone like to comment?

1 comment: