Monday, December 12, 2011

It's a nice day to break even

Well, it's another Monday down in the books. Just like this horse: "I'm dun!"
The weekend was just like that cool looking guy pointing at you: too short! I had made plans to spend the Saturday raking leaves for a nice senior citizen lady. First, though I had to jump start my pickup truck. The battery was over five years old and I guess finally crapped out. I bought one at O'Reilly's and installed it in their parking lot. Man! It must have been over five years since I purchased a battery, and those prices have gone up. Ouch!

This nice lady had a leaf problem. They had drifted and collected in three or four areas knee deep, and generally littered the rest of the lawn. I used my lawn mower to mulch the regular leaves and bagged the mondo piles. I spent six hours doing it: rake, bag, mulch, blow.

I guess riding my bike to and from school five days a week doesn't prepare me for raking leaves, because MY BACK HURT! (That was obnoxious yelling b.t.w. [that's by the way, by the way]).

The exercise and labor is good for me. It was a nice day for it, too. And I think the compensation I received just paid for the battery I installed in my pickup!  Breaking even, however, is better than being in the hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment