Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring is sprung

Easter has come and gone and our family did the requisite "family thing" for it on Sunday. It's been a season of celebrating, beginning with Leo's birthday on the 31st of March and continuing through the conclusion of Easter. Mare said the other day she made five cakes and hosted four parties. Quite the little hostess, eh?

I'm ready for some extended periods of sunshine and mild temperatures. Our spring seems to have been a lengthy period of gray, cool, damp weather. It has made me perpetually cold. I'm ready for the warm up.

I guess I'm dragging today, because I don't feel like my usual loquacious self.

I stayed up late with Mare last night, spending some valuable time with her alone. We don't get that much time to ourselves exclusively anymore, as you might imagine. When we do have time alone, we use it to sleep. So, for the conclusion of the Easter weekend and the birthday celebration season, we watched Mama Mia! It's a musical featuring the music of ABBA. It was a good musical. I guess being an actor myself, it has allowed me to look at the scenes for what they are doing to gauge what it must have been like to make those scenes. Meryl Streep is the star and she does an awesome job singing and acting. She displays varied, intense emotions in each scene and sings well.

The male actors weren't as capable as Meryl Streep, but they did a good job also, considering the demands. It looked like a lovely locale to film in also. Plus, I love the ABBA soundtrack. It's groovy. Makes me want to sing and dance. Very lovely. I was surprised I liked it, but I did.

School is winding down. I feel like I don't have anything else to teach anybody. Like I've taught them all I know. I know that's ridiculous, but that's the way I feel.

I'm blessed to have such a good family. Jack is smart. He is way into reading books on the human body. He asks tons of questions about the names of parts and anatomy. He may prove to be a doctor.

Leo is talking up a storm. He is sweet as can be and likes to have fun. He's also a bright individual and has confidence many other kids don't have. Mare and I are excited for the third addition to our family and look forward to having a genuine baby around again, as Leo is growing up fast.

I've got to push through to the  end of the school year. I can make it. My own spring needs rewound!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya, brother. Tyler refuses to let me pick movies after my dragging him to see Mama Mia.

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete