Monday, March 7, 2011

A case of the Mondays

A case of the Mondays!? But I only ordered three! What am I going to do with a whole case?! . . . wait, it's not "that" kind of case of Mondays. It's more like a situation where I am suffering from a malady commonly known as "the Mondays". "The Mondays" are recognizeable in a person displaying any of a few of these symptoms: lethargy, indifference, grumpiness, excessive yawning, disorientation, halitosis (bad breath), mismatched socks, tardiness, red eyes, unkempt hair and appearance, loud cussing, and food and/or coffee stains on clothing.

I would venture to say I'm rocking about five out of those 12 symptoms. For whatever reason, Jack and Leo have not been sleeping well through the night. Mare and I think it's getting about time for bed changes. I'll be assembling a bunk bed next week for Jack for sure, and perhaps Leo. If Leo doesn't take to the bunk bed, we'll have him upgrade to Jack's bed. Either way, we're thinking that placing Jack and Leo together in a room will help them sleep better. Right after I wrote that last statement, I thought, "in what way will be putting two toddlers together in the same room help them sleep?" Maybe it's wishful thinking.

Jack and Leo both awakened several times last night, so that meant Mare and I didn't sleep well either. I was basically awake from two a.m. I laid in bed tossing and turning and occasionally drifting into and out of sleep but never getting back into that much needed deep REM sleep.

We still need to get twin mattresses and beding for it. I guess I still need to assemble it, too. That may prove more difficult than I foresee. I bought it used and I presume all the parts I need are there, though I'm not certain. I'm confident, though, that I'll find what I need to assemble it between my miscellaneous collection of "treasures" and the local hardware store.

Our whole family has been fighting to get our health back to 100%. We're all right up there at the 97-98%. I've got a tickle in my throat which causes me to cough alot trying to get it out. I'm relying on the supposition that when the sun comes out fully and the temperature is reliably more warm, all this nagging sickness will be completely, irevocably gone!

I can't wait to get out on some excursions on the bike this spring and summer. Plus, I have a huge "to-do" list of things I need to get done in and around the house. I'm excited about getting out there and making my yard and house look a little better.

Anyway, I hope your Monday is going well and you've had your shots against it, or have taken a pill or (Lord help you) a suppository to alleviate those symptoms. Just remember not to take it out on those around you. They may be having a "Friday at 5:00" experience on Monday morning!

1 comment:

  1. This calls to mind the time my sister and I (I am five years her senior) shared a room. I do believe that among the arguments, there were late-night giggles to be shared (and keep us up). :-)

    n

    ReplyDelete