Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring is here! . . . maybe

Things around Franklin county and Ottawa are looking up in one regard: weather. As most of you noticed here in the midwest, our first day of spring brought with it a dump of up to 4" of snow. Enough snow arrived on Saturday night it made the outlying county roads around here impassable and Monday's school was cancelled. Then, on Monday we were treated to a snow day where we enjoyed a day of sunshine and upwards of 50 or more degrees. Go figure!
Spring break just concluded. Most of it was cold, damp, and gray. I did manage to rake 95% of my lawn and haul off the leaves; six pickup loads. I also sewed some fescue in the lawn and broadcast some fertilizer. So, the damp conditions were favorable for that, at least. Mostly I was home helping to keep the boys occupied while Marian tried to do things she needed or wanted to do. We attended the Lawrence St. Patrick's day parade. Though the parade was good, we were situated on the other side of the bridge, and were bothered by traffic delays which caused big gaps in the parade at times.
Both boys are doing well. Marian went with them to Oklahoma to visit my sister and her family in Ada. They had a big time with my aunts, my mom and my grandma.
This Saturday we'll have a birthday party for Leo who will turn one on the 31st. Also, filming for the short film I will be in begins this Saturday.
Meanwhile, it's back to work and trying to get into the swing of things again after the break. We've entered our last quarter, and I expect it will fly by. Take care everyone. Best wishes and fortune to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment